Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reading Response #1

Book: Crooked
Author: Louisa Luna
Pages Read: 43

When beginning the book, Crooked, I assumed the book would have a predictable story line based on the description given on the back of the book. As I went on reading I began to have many questions about where the plot was leading and the slang that character uses. Mel, the main character begins to do things I never expected but I feel as though the characters are very flat. For me, Fridays class was very relaxing and I really enjoy having some solid time to read. To be honest, I find making the post-its does take away from my reading experience but I can definitely see how they help with the Reading Response assignments. Going over my questions also helps to activate the book in my mind after the weekend. I'm wondering about a lot of things about this book because it jumps right into the plot. Like why does she call the jail guards, "G's" and why is Mel always talking about her twin brother Gary, even though we know next to nothing about him. I'm predicting that she will meet a guy and he will change her for the better. Lastly, I feel as though I can relate to Mel's relationship with her mother. Her and her mother are close and love each other but she also feels distant towards her mother because of the dislike for her mother's decisions. I only have a few questions for you. One is "When are we going to begin our blogs?" and the second is "Will we be reading a novel as a class and ifso which?".

No comments:

Post a Comment