Monday, February 25, 2013

Reading Response #2

Book: The Carrie Diaries
Author: Candace Bushnell
Pages Read: 268

No one will ever know how excited I was to read this book! I'm a huge fan of Sex and the City and have always been curious about Carrie before she moves to New York. I really enjoy the plot-line and all the characters are relatable because we are the same age. Carrie faces typical teenage dramas and shows the reader graceful ways to deal with these issues. The book leaves me feeling very anxious about Carrie's relationship with her boyfriend, Sebastian and where or won't it lead. The author leaves me feeling very off about their relationship because he is both healthy and unhealthy for Carrie. Some of her friends, particularly Lali, leaves me feeling very troubled because of her behavior and friendship with Sebastian. I like the narration of the novel, being it's first person, because it shows the insightful thoughts that Carrie has as a seventeen year old. I feel I am similar to her because I have always felt I was mature for my age. I'm surprised with reading this novel that I have next to not predictions and I find that frustrating. This novel shows no signs of a cliche story-line and I honestly have no idea what will happen next. This caused me to burn through 268 pages of the book within three days! I'm very excited to read on and see what happens with Carrie and her boyfriend and how she ends up in New York. I also hope that her efforts in the newspaper help her with her writing career. Although this novel isn't particularly challenging I do recommend it to those Sex and the City fans or even fellow teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment