Author: Candace Bushnell
Pages Read: 350
Summer and the City is the second book in the Carrie Diaries series. In this novel, Carrie finally travels to New York City. In beginning this book, I had very high hopes for the plot line and the antics of Carrie Bradshaw but the plot has begun to be a little flat and repetitive. I also find myself disagreeing with many of Carrie's decisions! She makes decisions that are (in my mind) very illogical and shocking. This takes away from some of Carrie's classic relatable behavior that I love. Her voice and tone still shows through and I rather enjoy Candace Bushnell's writing style.
While reading this series I find that I can nearly never predict that plot, but I am going to try. I predict that Carrie will end up with Capote because they seem to have a real connection rather than her and creepy Bernard. I also predict she will end up staying in New York with Samantha because of the reading she has planned. Carrie is much to spontaneous for both Brown and the small town life. I also think the only friend she will end up keeling from home will be Walt.
I keep wondering about Carrie choice of Bernard. He is older and it seems as though her wants her for all the wrong reasons. After reading a book and a half about Carrie I have become very attached to the character and the possibility of him hurting or using Carrie bothers me. I'm also wondering what causes Carrie's writing material switch because it is known she ends up becoming a columnist and a author instead of the playwright she tries to become in this book. With so many unanswered questions and only sixty pages left I am more than excited to keep on reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment