Monday, May 6, 2013

Writing Relection: Twitter Fiction Update

I am done the rough cut of my Twitter Fiction. I have gone through my tweets and have most of the imagery but not all. I still had to add a few more sense appealing sentences. I currently have twenty tweets but I feel like when I go in to fully edit my tweets and add to them this will add more. for my Twitter Fiction I chose to do an extended story off of the book Looking for Alaska by John Green. I chose this because it is my favorite book and I thought it would be an interesting take to look at Alaska's point of view of Pudge and her life at Culver Creek. I also felt that the really short story was not my style because I tend to have a lot to say when I am writing and fiction piece. Since we have yet to finish our mini Twitter lessons I do have a lot of revising to do when it comes to adding the required elements. I've hardly thought about what photos I will use but I think that with all the symbolism used in the book this will not be hard. I feel like writing in the point of view of Alaska really worked for my Twitter fiction. I feel like the story line needs a bit of work because I found it very hard to go along with the story line of the real book. I am really curious and also nervous as to how this will work out in the end and if it will turn out how Twitter Fiction is supposed to. I never feel like my writing is adequate and that's a really big issue for me! I do really like my idea for this project though!

No comments:

Post a Comment