Thursday, June 13, 2013

Looking Back..

Looking back on the course I realized we've come so far and created so much. It's actually flown by and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to take this course before graduation.

My favorite assignment in this course would definitely have to be The Buried Life project. I liked this project because it gave me that chance to truly reflect upon myself. It also be creative in coming up with what to gave us the chance to truly we wanted to use to show our list items.

My least favorite assignment would have to be the Twitter fiction assignment. I disliked this assignment because I felt it limited my writing. I found it really hard to edit my writing down to 160 characters and also found it hard to delete parts of my story. 

I honestly truly enjoyed the reading classes! I am an avid reader and I liked having that day to look forward to where you could just relax and get lost in a book! Friday reading classes definitely helped me out when to comes to catching up on my reading! Thanks Ms McLauchlan :)

Ok now here is where I am going to be honest...I hated the reading reflections from the very beginning. When I read I like to get lost in my book and having to write notes for my reading reflection took away from my reading experience. I felt myself skipping the note taking and not quite knowing what to say during every reading response I wrote.

I liked blogging a lot because it's something I already do. I did find it quite hard to keep on top of my blog and finding something to tell my Internet audience all the time. It was definitely something I enjoyed doing and would like to continue posting on a regular basis.

Having a professional Twitter was definitely a very different experience for me but it is something I believe to be important especially going into my adult life. When I went for my Red river College interview I was asked if I had professional social media accounts and when I replied with a yes they all seemed impressed. The part about Twitter that I did not enjoy was out Twitter fiction assignment because I felt that story telling should not be used on a social media site.

I really enjoyed how technology was integrated into the course and I felt that improved our skills when working with the Internet. This course is looking towards the future and I feel like English skills are important when it comes to using the Internet to represent yourself.  I think that Ms McLauchlan should teach more teachers her ways and kids would enjoy class a lot more!

I learned that as a thinker, creator and writer, reader technology is important and useful to me. I like typing more than pen and paper writing. I disliked the drawing assignments and I express myself much better through words more than pictures. I like using a blog and being about to do my assignments from home through the Internet. I like to read uninterrupted.

The only suggestion that I have about the course is to cut out having a notebook completely. We barely used our notebooks and when we did half of the classes notebooks were at home. I think if you are committed to making the class all about technology it should be paper free. I'd also like to thank Ms McLauchlan for teaching a class I truly enjoyed!

As for advice for future students, you will love this course. It lets you be creative in the best ways and you learn so much about yourself.  Ms McLauchlan makes you do assignments you'll enjoy and are useful to your future. Be open to new things and have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment