Thursday, April 4, 2013

Weekly Reflection #4

Six Word Memoirs:
I had found writing the Six Word Memoirs to be surprisingly easy! I had a lot to say and know enough synonyms to cut down my words, which I usually find to be quite a hard task. In using this form of writing, I learnt how important punctuation can be when you only have so many words. Capitalization is also factor in your memoir and how it shows through when read. The thing that surprised me the most was probably how easy of a time I had with the assignment! I found it very easy to use picture to symbolize my words and to make my memoir feel complete. I honestly didn't have a preference to the project; i enjoyed all of it! I did find it very hard to only choose eight memoirs to share because I ended up with about twelve memoirs after drafting. I learnt that I have a lot more ease than I used to with my writing. I also learnt that I  more about know a lot punctuation than I thought I did. I really only have one concern regarding this class and that is that I wish/hope that we get the chance to focus on short story writing!

Blogging Field Trip:
Sadly I was absent for the blogging field trip but it was a very pleasant surprise to arrive on my blog and find comments of people enjoying my work. I also had fun replying to the comments. I feel like a 'good' comments consists of either positive feedback or very constructive criticism given in a respectful manner. 'Bad' comments would consist of negative feedback given in a negative and disrespectful way. People benefit from receiving and giving comments, compliments and suggestions because it makes them feel involved and it either makes them feel proud of their work or helps them better their material.

No comments:

Post a Comment